Hi,

I'm definitely a newb so bare with me.

Ultimate Goal: to deploy images, drivers, and apps to specific workstation.

In order to do this, I'm supposed to create a 'Task Sequence.' Somewhere at the end of the 'Task Sequence Wizard,' I get this error message saying "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately." (I'll attach a screenshot).

I'm not sure what's going on or if this is related to the WIM file or not.

Txt file attached contains more details of this error but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

BKGD System INFO:

SCCM 2012 sp1

2K12R2

Performing this on my workstation via CM Console.

Please advise.

Task Sequence Error.txt

post-33595-0-95205600-1465606975.jpg

I have the same issue in my organization. The only way I have been able to get around to creating new task sequences is to click on "Create Task Sequence" once the wizard pops up choose "Create a new custom task sequence" this will only ask for Name and Boot image. Once you input the right information it will create a blank task sequence from which you can edit to add the OS, drivers and so on...

Second option is just copy an existing task sequence and edit.

Interesting it works ok on the server. Try this... install a clean windows O/S on a VM and install the console on that. Does it work? Perhaps you have something installed on the clients that are causing this bug? Process of elimination i suppose. Any policies (GPOs) interfering? Firewall, antivirus, etc