mkeehn

Office 2016 Pro Plus Deployment Failure

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with Office 2016 Pro Plus deploying during OSD on a consistent basis. I've looked at a number of guides and have recreated my application a number of times, but no matter what I do I am unable to get it to work every time. When it does work, it takes a very long time to install, but my customizations and updates in the Updates folder are applied. The consistent error I am seeing in the Office setup logs on failure is the following:

"Error: User canceled install due to MSI service being busy. Type: 90::UserCancel. "

You can see the steps before and after in the attached image. My office install is in it's own "Install Application" step. Has anyone run into this before that may have some insight into why it is happening?

Thank!

post-19973-0-21523600-1465905208.jpg

One other note I've seen the last couple of days. When Office is successful, that step in the task sequence will hang for a very long time. (Last night it took 6 hours before it timed out and completed the task sequence). If I show the tasklist while it is initially installing, I can see the setup.exe, etc. running. After 10 or 15 minutes the setup.exe no longer shows in the tasklist. If I kill smsappinstall.exe, the step immediately finishes, it goes onto my next step (installing other apps), and finishes properly. Upon logging into the system, Office is installed and activated as it should be.