clush

Running Powershell Script in Task Sequence Error

Question

Hi,

I am trying to run a powershell script in a task sequence where it takes the mac address and assigns a computer name from a text file. Everytime I run it i get a 0x80004005 error.

I have tried both running it as a powershell script as well as run a command line and get the same error. I did create a package of the script as not a program.

In the task sequence I pointed it at the package and the script name and I assigned it as bypass. I left the parameters section blank I am not sure if I should have added anything in here such as variables.

I have attached the code in a jpeg. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer and I am not sure what they mean by variables.

BTW: The was tested and it runs. Only the last couple of lines couldn't be tested as it has to go into a task seq.

Thank you...

post-28974-0-21928500-1465914861.jpg

3 answers to this question