grubbsd73

HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Imaging problems with sccm 2012

Question

HP recently released their Elitedesk 800 G2 models and up until this model I could image without issues. I called HP and According to them:

"Windows 7 installation media does not include native driver support for USB 3.0, so during installation, when you get to the screen to select your preferred language, a keyboard or mouse connected to a USB 3.0 port does not respond. Any Intel® NUC that has only USB 3.0 ports is affected. "

I used the graphical DISM tool and was able to create a bootable usb drive that installs a stock version of win 7 pro. I simply swapped the modified boot.wim and install.wim files on the flash drive and it allowed a normal install. While that is great and all, I want to be able to allow SCCM 2012 PXE the machine, get an ip address and apply an image.

I think that this problem might be causing the pxe issues I've been seeing as I have tried every NIC driver I could find, using the drvload command after hitting f8 to load the inf file, then using the "wpeutil initializeNetwork" command. Ipconfig will not give me an address.

Should I try finding the winpe.wim that the boot image that is assigned to the task sequence is using and attempt the same process that I did to correct the USB 3.0 driver like I did for the usb drive, or does SCCM 2012 have a tool that I'm not aware of that does the same thing as DISM? I must be really confused.

Thanks so much for help.

2 answers to this question

yes we have it working win PE10 and had to add the intel USB 3 drivers and intel I219LM nic drivers to win PE as well as have it in the driver packs for the HP 800 G2 we have 4 driver packs for all the different OS we support win 7 x86, win 7x64, win 8.1 x64 and win 10 x64