Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
winpe_destrian

GPO for Internet Explorer Zonemapping settings failing

Recommended Posts

I am new to this company and literally everyone before me is gone. A request came in to add a site to the IE11 Edge mode XML. I found the GPO and navigated to the XML. XML location was \sysvol\blah.com\Policies{}\WR_IE11EMSL1.0.xml


A previous request was completed two months ago that is identical except for the URL is different. I added to the end of the XML this line: <domain exclude="true">imd-d.domain.com</domain>


This matches with the previous entries, which I can access with IE.


When using a GPUpdate /Force, this comes up: The following warnings were encountered during computer policy processing: Windows failed to apply the Internet Explorer Zonemapping settings. Internet Explorer Zonemapping settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link.


Any ideas?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




You have to change <rules version="X"> to a new version number for IE to import the new list...


The errors received after GPUpdate /Force seem to be a common occurrence when deploying these changes to exclude certain sites from Enterprise Mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...