sahil848

Looking to Implement DR Live solution in a Single Domain

Question

Current Scenario

We have a Primary standalone SCCM 2012 site in a single Domain hosting multiple location with the connectivity to MP & DP’s, we have SQL installed on same site server.

Usage: Software Distribution, Software Update, Reporting. We do not use it for Image Management.

Requiring: If the current site server connectivity is broken and takes long time to recover because of any reason. We are looking to host another SCCM server to leverage all our tasks during that disaster recovery plane.

Plans: Is it good idea to build another SCCM standalone site with in a single domain with different boundaries for time being.

When we need to execute plans we can add boundaries to the new SCCM sever and run a script to change the site code to manage the systems.

3 answers to this question

wouldn't it be better to have a good backup strategy in place for your current infrastructure, and if/when a problem occurs recover your site and restore the data, some links to get you started...

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

Actually problem is this that we are looking for a Live Environment where we dont have to look for Downtime.

Something like high availability for SCCM.

I have seen some posts talking on HA SCCM but looking for some guide which can help to get started.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually problem is this that we are looking for a Live Environment where we dont have to look for Downtime.

Something like high availability for SCCM.

I have seen some posts talking on HA SCCM but looking for some guide which can help to get started.

Your plan will not work the way you expect it to, it will cause a lot of headaches and will take DAYS, yes days, if not weeks to migrate everyone.

The only supported HA method is to us clustered VMs, BUT I challenge you on your downtime needs. I have yet to find an org that requires CM to be up within 1 day, For that matter , 95% of all orgs can handle CM to be down to 7 days. Removing the political reasons, What technical reason is there to have CM up in under a day?