surfincow

Configuration Manager 1602 Hotfix KB3155482 Issue

Hello,

Went to install this hotfix earlier today and during the first try I received the following error from the Üpdate Pack Installation Status" window (the window under Monitoring > Site Servicing Status > $Update. it was a separate pop-up message)

Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException: The SMS Provider reported an error connecting to the ConfigMgr site database server. Verify that the SQL Server is online and that ConfigMgr site server computer account is an administrator on the ConfigMgr site database server. ---> System.Management.ManagementException:

This is odd because the previous upgrade to 1602 went fine and there hasn't been any change in Configmgr related accounts and also the prereq passed (however I was unable to locate the actual log showing any information). Restarted the console and it had the latest version. Everything looked OK but since I was not certain, I reverted to the snapshot takin before the upgrade.

Didn't find much information online so decided to run it again, this time not having that status window running. Everything went through OK and looking at the "Show Status" for that update everything shows green (I don't believe anything showed red from the previous install but I can't recall for certain). CMUpdate log looks fine and only thing showing red is some things registering with .net.

CTool::RegisterManagedBinary: run command line: "C:Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\wsyncact.dll" CONFIGURATION_MANAGER_UPDATE 6/27/2016 2:07:08 PM 9440 (0x24E0)
CTool::RegisterManagedBinary: Failed to register C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\wsyncact.dll with .Net Fx 2.0 CONFIGURATION_MANAGER_UPDATE 6/27/2016 2:07:09 PM 9440 (0x24E0)
CTool::RegisterManagedBinary: run command line: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\wsyncact.dll" CONFIGURATION_MANAGER_UPDATE 6/27/2016 2:07:09 PM 9440 (0x24E0)
CTool::RegisterManagedBinary: Registered C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\wsyncact.dll successfully CONFIGURATION_MANAGER_UPDATE 6/27/2016 2:07:09 PM 9440 (0x24E0)

But looks like eventually it registers.

So I'm wondering then should I assume everything went OK, or is there anything in particular I could do to verify things went as expected?