Pluto67

Unable to boot into WindowsPE/TS

you havn't really given us much information about your environment or how you configured it, specifically what version of SCCM it is and what version of the Windows ADK you are using, can you share that info

next, did you deploy windows 10, if so, what boot image (and winpe version) is attached to that task sequence, is the boot image distributied to all distribution points, and is it enabled for PXE ?

you havn't really given us much information about your environment or how you configured it, specifically what version of SCCM it is and what version of the Windows ADK you are using, can you share that info

next, did you deploy windows 10, if so, what boot image (and winpe version) is attached to that task sequence, is the boot image distributied to all distribution points, and is it enabled for PXE ?

Hi,

Environment:

1 DC with DHCP

1 SCCM 2012R2 SP1 server with all the roles + WSUS + WDS

Console Ver: 5.0.8239.1302

Site Ver: 5.00.8239.1000

ADK:

8.1 ver 8.100.26866

10 ver 10.1.10586.0

Yes, I was to deploy windows 10 before with no issues also with applications as well. But i think was caused all this is when i installed CU2 for SCCM but im not sure.

Yes, the boot image is attached to the TS and distributed to the 1 and only DP and its enabled for PXE.

No i need you to tell me which Boot image/WinPE i should use and where are they located.

Do you have to add the boot images to WDS, do you have to do any more configuration outside SCCM ?

BTW, the communication is HTTPS with a cert

thanks,

you don't add them to WDS configmgr does that for you, you shouldn't configure wds at all,

you should only have one version of ADK installed, Windows ADK 10, so why do you mention two versions ?

can you please attach the SMSTS.log file from a client that fails to PXE boot

you don't add them to WDS configmgr does that for you, you shouldn't configure wds at all,

you should only have one version of ADK installed, Windows ADK 10, so why do you mention two versions ?

can you please attach the SMSTS.log file from a client that fails to PXE boot

- OK i rolled back the system, and i didnt configure WDS.

- I uninstalled 8.1 ADK. - "I used to use it with windows 8.1"

thanks,

well something is clearly wrong as in my screenshot you can see that the variables path is defined prior to trying to 'get' it via tftp

variable path.png

however in your log file that does not happen, and therefore it tries to get it but without the path

from your log:

Executing: X:\sms\bin\x64\smstftp.exe -i 10.10.10.179 get  X:\sms\data\variables.dat

from my log:

Executing: X:\sms\bin\x64\smstftp.exe -i 192.168.5.2 get \SMSTemp\2016.07.05.07.55.42.0002.{693BF89E-C70B-41DC-8EA4-2E2435373A1D}.boot.var X:\sms\data\variables.dat

the SMSTemp folder it's referring to is contained within the RemoteInstall folder (from WDS)

smstemp.png

have you tried updating the boot image to the dp, does it work after that ?

well something is clearly wrong as in my screenshot you can see that the variables path is defined prior to trying to 'get' it via tftp

attachicon.gifvariable path.png

however in your log file that does not happen, and therefore it tries to get it but without the path

from your log:

Executing: X:\sms\bin\x64\smstftp.exe -i 10.10.10.179 get  X:\sms\data\variables.dat

from my log:

Executing: X:\sms\bin\x64\smstftp.exe -i 192.168.5.2 get \SMSTemp\2016.07.05.07.55.42.0002.{693BF89E-C70B-41DC-8EA4-2E2435373A1D}.boot.var X:\sms\data\variables.dat

the SMSTemp folder it's referring to is contained within the RemoteInstall folder (from WDS)

attachicon.gifsmstemp.png

have you tried updating the boot image to the dp, does it work after that ?

OK, that is weird why this is happening, and yes i update the boot image every time i do a change to it, that way i make sure the changes i make is updated and distributed.

How can i fix that path issue ?

should i update to CU 3 or i should fix this first than update ?

Like this is the only thing that's not working , upgrade is working fine , installing application is working fine, its just the PXE boot fresh windows install, i don't get passed "Preparing Network Connections" and than it reboots.

This is what i have for my Boot file:

Is that the right image path?

post-33675-0-15229000-1468332890.png