winpe_destrian

Group Policy to add/remove IE Security Tab

Question

Silly question, but I'm stumped... I currently have GPOs setup to remove the Security Tab from IE 11 - works great.

Sometimes various IT admins want to test applications/web based solutions and they'd like full reign over IE. Since I have this policy set in stone, if they need to make custom changes they can deny requests much easier. Anyways, this batch file was working until this week:

reg.exe add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS" /v "SECURITY_ZONES_MAP_EDIT" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000000" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS" /v "SECURITY_OPTIONS_EDIT" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000000" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS" /v "SECURITY_HKLM_ONLY" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000000" /f
reg.exe add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\CONTROL PANEL" /v "SECURITYTAB" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000000" /f
It changes my registry but now the Security Tab doesn't come back. This works well because I can execute this remotely on their computer and then execute a gpupdate when they're done.
Thoughts?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet