loon

Collection Query of Multiple Items

Question

Hello,

I need some collection help lease. I am trying to make a collection of machines that have a specific software product and all three of the hotfixes. The result is zero which I know is not true since I have a couple test VM's with all 4 items.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE on SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_QUICK_FIX_ENGINEERING on SMS_G_System_QUICK_FIX_ENGINEERING.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ProductName like "Software Name%" and SMS_G_System_QUICK_FIX_ENGINEERING.HotFixID = "KB123456" and SMS_G_System_QUICK_FIX_ENGINEERING.HotFixID = "KB234567" and SMS_G_System_QUICK_FIX_ENGINEERING.HotFixID = "KB3456789"

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Or would result in any of the search criteria being listed. It seems Op is looking for machines with all 4 of those installed.

Have you confirmed the quickfixengineering class has entries populating? Not bad the need to create a collection like this but double check. Try software + 1kb to verify it works befre adding the other 3kbs

Or would result in any of the search criteria being listed. It seems Op is looking for machines with all 4 of those installed.

Have you confirmed the quickfixengineering class has entries populating? Not bad the need to create a collection like this but double check. Try software + 1kb to verify it works befre adding the other 3kbs

Then you will need to use subselect queries http://www.enhansoft.com/?s=subselect

Remember that QFE does not have all SU listed within (most but not all).