Grubsy

1602 - Unable to select "Access content directly from a distribution point when needed by the running task sequence"

Since upgrading to 1602 I no longer have the option to select "Access content directly from a distribution point when needed by the running task sequence"

I've made sure 'Copy the content in this package to a package share on distribution points' is ticked for all apps & the os wim

So the only package I believe may be responsible is the "Configuration Manager Client Package" is the option is greyed out

I tried what was suggested in an old post I found. Packages -> Create Package from Definition -> (but the new client package isn't an option)

Please help :)

All task sequences that use this package I believe. I've updated everything to 1702 and MDT 8443 and still noticed the same thing with the Configuration manager Client Package. i.e. can't select "Copy the content in this package to a package share on distribution points"

If I remove the step "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager" the option becomes available to "Access content directly from a distribution point when needed by the running task sequence"

Edit: I disabled Setup Windows and Configuration Manager and then enabled Access content directly from a distribution point when needed by the running task sequence. All ok so far. Went back in and re-enabled Setup Windows and Configuration Manager

Task sequence ran well until it got to the Setup Windows and Configuration Manager step. Then failed with "the system cannot find the file specified". Which I guess makes sense.

Bit of an update / work around.

I manually made a new package and called it  "ConfigMgr Client Package" copying the settings etc from the auto created package. With this package I was able to select the option "Copy the content in this package to a package share on distribution points"

I ran my task sequence using this package and all worked great!