nhottinger

ConfigMgr 2012 RTM and Windows 10

Yes I know we are WAY behind and need to upgrade, but I do have a question that we can hopefully get around while we work through our upgrade process. We are currently running Config Manager 2012 RCM v 5.00.7711.0000 and upgraded a Windows 7 pc to Windows 10. After doing so, I am getting many, what look look like temp, folders under the root of C:\. It looks to be adding about 20 folders each minute, and in the folder is another folder named Sandbox. I am able to delete them but they just come back. Any idea what this is and can I get around this?

post-22150-0-95225600-1469104711_thumb.png

those look like Windows updates folders, is the Configmgr client installed and are you delivering software updates to the devices via the SUP

are you sure the clients are getting updates from the SUP or from elsewhere (internet) ?, also i notice the _smstasksequence folder, did the task sequence not complete properly ?

in Windows 10 you need to generate the windowsupdate.log file using PowerShell to figure out what's going on

in Powershell type the following as Administrator on a Windows 10 computer that does have connection to the internet

Get-WindowsUpdateLog

after compiling the results together, the log file will be present on your desktop.

is this your sccm SUP wsus server ?

2016/07/20 17:12:54.7668742 440   4720  Agent           WSUS server: http://BVFYMSC02.net.bvha.org:80
2016/07/20 17:12:54.7668748 440   4720  Agent           WSUS status server: http://BVFYMSC02.net.bvha.org:80

that doesn't look like a typical ConfigMgr controlled WSUS result...