MadMacs77

Deploying without repartitioning

Question

I'm working on enhancing my task sequence to deploy Windows 10 without decrypting the drive. We use McAfee Drive Encryption, and McAfee provides the following documentation:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79908&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=false&platinum_status=false&locale=en_US

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD24855

the relevant part of the documentation is:

On completion of the task sequence wizard all mentions to FORMATING and PARTITIONING will

need to be removed or disabled, this does not prevent a refresh of the operating system but

instead will only allow the OS partition to be wiped and upgraded.

Although we will not be formatting the EFI partition the application of a new operating system will

overwrite the existing EFI boot programs. To restore McAfee Drive Encryptions EFI boot programs

it is required to add the following steps to the task sequence.

• Mount EFI Partition

This is a command line option provided by Microsoft.

MountVol <Free Drive Letter:> /S (e.g. MountVol Y: /S)

Now my question is this; during the "Apply Operating System" step, how do I specify the destination of the operating system, as I disabled the "partition" step where I usually specify the OSDisk variable. Do I specify Y:?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet