Malik4u

Connect To Network Fail

Question

Hi

From the articale : http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/261-how-can-i-capture-an-image-using-wds/

I have complted all steps and its going fine, when i go to the Step 5. Image Capture Destination:

"Next you want to upload the image directly to your WDS server by putting a check mark in the 'Upload Image to WDS server' option, you will have to provide the servername (or use the ip address eg: 192.168.3.1) and then click on the connect button" ..... i receive error after some while , showing me can not connect, i just simply click ok and skip this option, now i am saving image on an External HD, but can you let me know why i was unable to connect to the network ? I tried both server name and IP, both not work. (Server name= naveed.amh4y.com) and IP is my NIC ip that i connected to a switch its 10.0.0.10

Waiting for kind answer.

5 answers to this question

Ok, following the document at: http://www.windows-n...mage-using-wds/

Can you tell me at which step and for which image i have to add the drivers? I think it is Boot.wim from the prouct DVD (Vista) , please correct me if i am wrong and tell me the easiest way how to add the driver.

I have downlaoded the driver for the client machine (Compaq) and i have extracted it, i can not find any .INF file in the folder.

don't add the driver unless you KNOW you have to add it,

and how can you know ? by booting using the boot.wim from the Vista SP1 or SP2 dvd, and seeing if your compaq can get an IP address from your DHCP server, if it can, then you know that you don't need a network driver, if it cannot, then you may need a network driver...

does that make sense ?