acpowell

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 OSD 0x80004005 on HP 840 G3 win7x64

We recently started getting G3 models of the HP Elitebook 840 and since then we cannot image them with the normal Windows 7 TS. It starts applying the OS and then errors at like 99%. It only seems to effect this model of machine. we are using PE10 and I have installed the HP PE10 drivers to the boot.wim

I did apply so CU updates to the server recently to fix the driver duplication issue.

I am attaching the SMSTS.log from the latest attempt. (the "@" is denoting redaction of company server info)

thanks for the help.

PS. this happens with USB media and PXE

UPDATE*** removed log file as issue was resolved.

Fixed this on my own. I tried a windows 10 TS and it worked. when looking through the BIOS I noticed the machines I had defaulted to UEFI on with BIOS off. So I changed that to BIOS on one machine and it imaged. So I modified my Partition steps in the windows 7 image to account for UEFI and that fixed the issue.