torbuck

Run script printer to application deploy

Greetings,

I am in the process of creating a deployment application of Bluebeam Revu 2016 in System Center. Our organization wants to standardize all of our clients to

to the lastest ver of Bluebeam. Currently we are a bit of a mishmash of versions, some a number of years old. The latest MSI of Bluebeam will uninstall previous versions

up to Revu 2015, however there will be versions older that 2015 that we will want to uninstall when we upgrade our users. Bluebeam has provided a bat file that will

remove all previous versions. I am trying to determine what is the best method to combine both the bat file to perform the removal and the SCCM application to install Bluebeam 2016.

I was thinking that I could do this by creating a package for the removal script combining the package and the Bluebeam application as a task sequence. Unsure if this is the best method. If I go this route, I would likely need to add some sort of pause between the removal script and the Bluebeam install so that there is time for the removal process to complete before the Bluebeam 2016 application install kicks in.

Any suggestions on the best practice on how to do this task would be welcomed.

Regards,

Torbuck

Create a application as a "script installer". Then create a simple batch script with the first line to run the tool and 2nd line to install the msi.

Eg:

______

Yourremovaltool.exe -silent

Yourmsi.msi /q

______

bat script is running line by line. so it wont move to the second line if the first line is not fully executed. otherwise you can create multiple applications and set up the detection method of each versions and then create supersedence.

I would use the PS App Deploy Toolkit (http://psappdeploytoolkit.com/). There is a function in there to remove MSI installations by name which you can use a wildcard for. It will search the registry for all the uninstall strings and uninstall them. After that it will move onto the installation of the latest version.

We have converted all of our installations to using the toolkit as it standardizes things for us and creates really good log files for service desk to follow.