Chongy

Reporting on Installed Software per asset in a collection

Hey Everyone

So the Software 02E - Installed software on a specific computer is the perfect report for my needs. However I can only see this as an individual report so if I need to lookup 60 it is bloody annoying.

Question is;

Can I query a collection and individually get installed software report per asset and automatically save as a CSV file? (as to be CSV as the powershell script I use is setup that way and prefer not to mod it). Unfortunately I don't have access to the SCCM DB either, however, if that is the only way to do something like this I can probably get the adminstrator to setup something for me.

Or is there another report I can run on a collect that gives me the exact details as the Software 02E report?

Thanks for your time.

Chongy

No there is not and it doesn’t make sense to create a report for this too. Why you ask because there is an ave of 186 items in ARP per computer. With 60 computer that would be 186*60= 11,160 rows of data. Or 11,160/80 = 140 pages of text! There is no way anyone will ever read this report. Instead you should look at Software 01A - Summary of installed software in a specific collection and use those results for your needs.

I’m sure that you can write a script to export a cvs or excel sheet but I’m also fairly sure that you can export 60 items faster than writing the script too. BTW, if you really want to do this this is more of a SSRS powershell question than a CM question.