KMiller

The Create Subscription Wizard Completed with Errors

Hello,

I just recently stood up a new Server to host our SCCM environment. I am running Current Branch, version 1606. Previously on our other SCCM 2012 install, we had a few report subscriptions setup on a daily schedule. One of them is the report named: Software 02D - Computers with specific software installed. When I try to configure the email subscription for this report, I receive the following error message:

Email Delivery Settings
• To: myemailaddress@company.com
• Subject: SCCM Inventory
• Include Report: True
• Render Format: Excel
• Include Link: False
• Priority: Normal
Daily Schedule
• Run on the following days: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Start and end dates (SRS Server local time)
• Begin on: 8/15/2016
• Start time: 12:22 PM
Parameter values:
• Collection = SMS00001
• Software Product =
Save Subscription
Error: Save subscription to server
Errors
A delivery error has occurred. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.DeliveryErrorException: A delivery error has occurred. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidExtensionParameter: One of the extension parameters is not valid for the following reason: The value 'EXCEL' is not valid for setting 'Render Format'.

I am able to setup a subscription where that report will save to our file server in Excel format, but I cannot get it to email in Excel at all. Other reports yield the same result. I am able to get it to successfully email in all of the other formats (PDF, XML, etc) with the exception of both Word and Excel.

I've already tried uninstalling the Reporting Services role from SCCM and reinstalling but nothing changed.

Any suggestions?

Edited by KMiller

1. Have you tried to do this from the SSRS website instead of within CM console?
  2. What version of SQL (SSRS) are you running?
  3. Did you know that there is less overhead access report via the web interface than via the CM console?

I recently upgraded from SQL Server 2012 to 2016 and had the same issue. If any of your subscriptions previously used the EXCEL 2003 option you will need to change those subscriptions to now use EXCEL. SQL 2016 does not recognize the 2003 format. Once I updated all of my subscriptions everything ran fine.