tymque

SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER

can this be due to webdav 7.5. did you see this yet?

Yeah, I came across that post. And I did install webdav 7.5 via add/remove features - then set it up as per the instructions in the doco. The reporting services components are working fine, it's just the management point causing problems. Perhaps I should start from scratch using Windows 2008 Std?

I finally found the issue. Our local domain policy locks down the regkey

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost

After stopping the GPO applying to my SCCM server the Management Point installed fine. It looks as though ScvHost is used by IIS to create virtual directories, and the Management Point (MP.msi) was failing to install due to this.

It's a good lesson to learn, that I should have created a proper test enviroment for testing SCCM, rather then going the easy way of using the production domains resources.

Cheers for your help.

I finally found the issue. Our local domain policy locks down the regkey

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost

After stopping the GPO applying to my SCCM server the Management Point installed fine. It looks as though ScvHost is used by IIS to create virtual directories, and the Management Point (MP.msi) was failing to install due to this.

It's a good lesson to learn, that I should have created a proper test enviroment for testing SCCM, rather then going the easy way of using the production domains resources.

Cheers for your help.

Hello

I'm facing to the same probleml.

I would like to know after suspend the GPO for your computer what are you doing next ??