hybrid

"File is encrypted, but no key was provided." trying to upgrade Win10 1511 to 1607 via CM CB 1606

I've now also:

• Created a new servicing plan "Windows 10 Education 1607 Servicing Plan". It uses a new deployment package.
  • Clicked Run now on this new Servicing Plan.
  • Verified that the content download is in progress:
  • Verified that the two expected upgrades (en-us and en-gb that matched our rule when previewed) are "Downloaded". (Not "Deployed" yet)
  • Got impatient and ran a Software Update point synchronisation to try and get the deployment to appear.
  • Verified that the two expected upgrades are now "Downloaded" and "Deployed":
  • Went to a client that is in the deployed collection and cleared the CCM cache from the Control Panel UI
  • Deleted C:\~WINDOWS.BT from the client (from its previous upgrade attempt)
  • Ran all the Action cycles in the Control Panel UI for the ConfigMgr client
  • Went to Software Center > Updates > Windows 10 Feature Update... and ran the upgrade.

We still see the same error on the client after the download and install attempt. :(

attachicon.giffailed-again.png

Really trying to avoid a SUP reinstall if possible!

Have you made any progress on this? I've seen various Technet threads discussing this problem, but no one seems to have a good answer. I'm running into the same issue myself and was hoping to have a working solution in place by Monday.

Cool! Getting the same thing here as well... I'm guessing they didn't give you a rough estimate as to when it would be fixed though :(

I hope we won't have to go through this every single time there's a point release... WaaS seems a bit more fiddly than I was expecting!

Yes, this support article worked. I had previously done all of the steps mentioned in the article, except for this one listed below.

// delete files from tbFile table

declare @NotNeededFiles table (FileDigest binary(20) UNIQUE);
insert into @NotNeededFiles(FileDigest) (select FileDigest from tbFile where FileName like '%14393%.esd' except select FileDigest from tbFileForRevision);

deletefrom tbFileOnServer where FileDigest in (select FileDigest from @NotNeededFiles)
delete from tbFile where FileDigest in (select FileDigest from @NotNeededFiles)

• Like 1

We have followed the new steps in KB3194588 and, in particular, the new database steps as @RLC-Andrew points out:

declare @NotNeededFiles table (FileDigest binary(20) UNIQUE);

insert into @NotNeededFiles(FileDigest) (select FileDigest from tbFile where FileName like '%14393%.esd'  except select FileDigest from tbFileForRevision);

delete from tbFileOnServer where FileDigest in (select FileDigest from @NotNeededFiles)

It works now! :D

I repeat myself from above, but for clarity here is what we did, in full:

• Removed the test deployments of the Feature Update
  • Removed the Servicing Plan associated with those deployments (so there are no Servicing Plans)
  • Removed the Deployment Package that Servicing Plan was attached to
  • Deleted the folder associated with that Deployment Package from the disk
  • Rebooted the SCCM & WSUS server
  • Altered the SUP configuration to remove the "Upgrades" classification (Administration > Sites > (Primary site) > Configure Site Components > Software Update Point > Classifications)
  • Altered the WSUS configuration to also not include the "Upgrades" classification: Get-WsusClassification | Where-Object -FilterScript {$_.Classification.Title -Eq "Upgrades"} | Set-WsusClassification -Disable [reference]
  • Ran a Synchronize Software Updates from Software Library > All Software Updates in the SCCM console.
  • Verified that the Upgrades category is off in both SCCM console and WSUS.
  • Removed updates with PowerShell:
    • $s = Get-WsusServer
    • $s.SearchUpdates("version 1607") | Foreach { Write-Host $_.Id.UpdateId; $s.DeleteUpdate($_.Id.UpdateId) }
    • $s.SearchUpdates("version 1511, version 10586") | Foreach { Write-Host $_.Id.UpdateId; $s.DeleteUpdate($_.Id.UpdateId) }
  • Ran the WSUS Server Cleanup Wizard with only "unneeded update files" checked.
  • Ran a Synchronize Software Updates from Software Library > All Software Updates in the SCCM console.
  • Rebooted the SCCM/WSUS server.
  • Altered the SUP configuration to add the "Upgrades" classification (Administration > Sites > (Primary site) > Configure Site Components > Software Update Point > Classifications)
  • Ran the following SQL on the SUSDB:
    • declare @NotNeededFiles table (FileDigest binary(20) UNIQUE);

insert into @NotNeededFiles(FileDigest) (select FileDigest from tbFile where FileName like '%14393%.esd' except select FileDigest from tbFileForRevision);

delete from tbFileOnServer where FileDigest in (select FileDigest from @NotNeededFiles)

• Created a new servicing plan "Windows 10 Education 1607 Servicing Plan". It uses a new deployment package.
    • post-2-0-56685200-1472629189.png
  • Clicked Run now on this new Servicing Plan.
  • Verified that the content download is in progress:
    • post-2-0-58172900-1472629339.png
  • Verified that the two expected upgrades (en-us and en-gb that matched our rule when previewed) are "Downloaded". (Not "Deployed" yet)
  • Got impatient and ran a Software Update point synchronisation to try and get the deployment to appear.
  • Verified that the two expected upgrades are now "Downloaded" and "Deployed":
    • post-2-0-62868100-1472632366.png
  • Went to a client that is in the deployed collection and cleared the CCM cache from the Control Panel UI
  • Deleted C:\~WINDOWS.BT from the client (from its previous upgrade attempt)
  • Ran all the Action cycles in the Control Panel UI for the ConfigMgr client
  • Went to Software Center > Updates > Windows 10 Feature Update... and ran the upgrade.

The install process then proceeded, with Software Center then requesting a restart. The test client system then restarted into the WinPE part of the upgrade process (what formerly was the "Donut of Destiny" screen).

The upgrade completely successfully!

• Like 3

Trying to resolve this issue on a 2012 r2 server with a built in sql database. Do I complete the same steps?

Ran the following SQL on the SUSDB:

• declare @NotNeededFiles table (FileDigest binary(20) UNIQUE);

insert into @NotNeededFiles(FileDigest) (select FileDigest from tbFile where FileName like '%14393%.esd' exceptselect FileDigest from tbFileForRevision);