hybrid

"File is encrypted, but no key was provided." trying to upgrade Win10 1511 to 1607 via CM CB 1606

I've now also:

• Created a new servicing plan "Windows 10 Education 1607 Servicing Plan". It uses a new deployment package.
  • Clicked Run now on this new Servicing Plan.
  • Verified that the content download is in progress:
  • Verified that the two expected upgrades (en-us and en-gb that matched our rule when previewed) are "Downloaded". (Not "Deployed" yet)
  • Got impatient and ran a Software Update point synchronisation to try and get the deployment to appear.
  • Verified that the two expected upgrades are now "Downloaded" and "Deployed":
  • Went to a client that is in the deployed collection and cleared the CCM cache from the Control Panel UI
  • Deleted C:\~WINDOWS.BT from the client (from its previous upgrade attempt)
  • Ran all the Action cycles in the Control Panel UI for the ConfigMgr client
  • Went to Software Center > Updates > Windows 10 Feature Update... and ran the upgrade.

We still see the same error on the client after the download and install attempt. :(

attachicon.giffailed-again.png

Really trying to avoid a SUP reinstall if possible!

Just tried this in my environment. Got 1607 working on at least 1 laptop so far, going to try mine at somepoint. Thank you for the excellent documentation!

Hi,

I've followed the steps @hybrid suggested, but my goal is to update from Windows 10 1607 to 1703. The update is still failing with the same error 0xC1800118.

But when I try the SQL query 

select TotalResults = Count(*)
from tbFile
where (IsEncrypted = 1 and DecryptionKey is NULL) or (FileName like '%15063%.esd' and IsEncrypted = 0) 

this is what I got:

Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 3
Invalid column name 'IsEncrypted'.
Invalid column name 'DecryptionKey'.
Invalid column name 'IsEncrypted'.

What does it mean? It seems that something is missing on the SUSDB, also after installing the KB3159706...

Please help me