jackvdbuk

SCCM - client install status on Server

Hi all,

i have uninstalled the client on a few machines that it shouldn't have been installed on as we are in a test phase currently on a few select machines.

i'm a little unclear as to when and how it was installed but i'm not looking to put blame on anyone...

basically i am removing the client from 20 machines remotely using PSexec but the issue i have is how can i clean up and refresh the "install status" on SCCM server as it never updates the "yes" status of client install.

i have waited around 5-6 days since i did it on the machine itself and tried refreshing the status of the collection but no change...

question is how can i manually update the collection "client install" status on the SCCM Server?

any help would be great.

Thanks!

Uninstalling a client involves no status messages between server and client. Therefore the Client Status in your console won't change.

The status will change according to your client status settings and site maintanance settings.

Changing the status manually would involve editing your CM Database, which is of course not supported.

post-10753-0-80807200-1471961745.jpg

Uninstalling a client involves no status messages between server and client. Therefore the Client Status in your console won't change.

The status will change according to your client status settings and site maintanance settings.

Changing the status manually would involve editing your CM Database, which is of course not supported.

attachicon.gifUnbenannt.jpg

Hi Peter,

thank you for the reply, helpful!

so from the screenshot it will do status messages every 14 days and realize it has no client, then remove after 31 days?

is there a way to manually run a heartbeat perhaps and update the client on SCCM?

As Garth says.... and of they are added back on the next ADSys discovery and you have auto client push enabled, they will become clients again. So be mindful of this. Alternative is leave the sccm client on them and just block them in sccm. That way nothing can get deployed to them.