fad632

Drivers not applied during OSD

Afternoon All,

I'm having a problem with the updated driver pack for a latitude E5440, the problem is as follows:

Booting the machine and selecting the task sequence works fine, so I know I have the correct network drivers applied to my boot image.

The problem is during my OSD I have WMI query in place to apply the driver package (Downloaded from Dells website). after a while the machine times out and the task sequence fails.

Booting up the machine to see what has gone wrong reveals that the drivers have not applied, mainly the both network drivers (Wifi and LAN) and the display driver, if i copy the drivers from the driver package to a usb and select to update manually from the usb the drivers install fine without issue.

I have tried redoing the driver package, changing the OSD to auto apply drivers, but nothing is working so far.

Changing the OSD to install the out of date older drivers works fine.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction as its doing my head in now!

Thanks