wanderer

Unable to restore - wrong version of setup files.

I need to do a restore of SCCM CB to test our backup. When I click on Install from the original install media I get a message that "The version of Configuration Manager on the media is older than the version that's installed on the computer."

I'm assuming that this is because the installation has upgraded itself twice, from 1511 to 1602 and then 1606.

Do I need to get hold of the new media from the MS volume licensing site or is there another way round this? (I don't have access to the site myself)

Thanks,

Stephen

Many thanks, Garth, it had me worried for a while as when I ran cd.latest in its default location the "recover a site" option didn't appear. Having read the manual.. I copied that folder to another location, then the option appeared. Now I just have to be brave enough to try it out. :)