p9lad

Windows PE not loading into Task Sequence Page

All,

i have a SCCM server and am trying to push out an Operating task sequence to a remote site and from there to client PCs/laptops. I have succesfully pushed out the Operating system, drivers package, boot image to the site. I have created a seperate collection for it. My problem is that when the user presses f12 it doesnt boot into the task sequence screen it stays on the windows boot manager showing the various windows pe boot images.

im really confused about this! the server it is pushed out to is a DHCP server as well so all neccesary DHCP configs have been done.

hope u guys can help!

looks like its seeing your windows deployment services server and not the pxe boot from sccm.

check your psp role settings on the sccm server...

Hi there,

the PXE service role and WDS is installed on the one server. This server is a Domain Controller, File print server it is at one of my remote sites. so usuing it to push out SCCM images.

quick recap as i am still learnign how do i conifgure SCCM to use WDS?

cheers

I would uninstall the WDS from your DC and then install on your SCCM Server. Don't configure WDS..then install SCCM PXE Site role. Also, if you are trying to deploy images to clients on a different vlan then what your WDS server is located you will need to add option 66 and 67 to your DHCP server and make sure you have IP helps on the switches..

Add the following DHCP Scope Options: 066 IP Address of WDS Server 067 boot\x86\wdsnbp.com