sacaliabu

Set computer name to Service Tag

I am trying to create a task sequence to deploy a windows 10 image, i would like to user the service tag as the computer name.

I have found this link http://blog.techygeekshomeSPAM!/2012/09/setting-computer-name-automatically-during-osd-process-sccmconfigmgr-2012/

but i dont understand the step before the "Gather". (Use toolkit package)

That step points to a MDT Tool Kit.

Any one knows what package is that or how to create it ?

Thank you.

In order to replicate what is being done in that URL, you will need to install MDT onto your sccm server and enable MDT integration. Then from within SCCM, you need to create a "MDT Task Sequence". This will give you all the packages you need (MDT gather, toolkit, etc). If you've never done this before have a quick google.

Installing and integrating MDT into SCCM is a piece of cake. Understanding and making use of a MDT task sequence requires a bit more reading up.

if its installed and integration enabled, you now need to create a MDT Task Sequence. Forget your old task sequence.

When creating your new "MDT Task Sequence", follow the wizard, it ask to to create 3 packages, MDT Settings, MDT Toolkit and USMT. Keep following the wizard, when done you'll have a new task sequence. Open this and youll see all the steps in there.