RLC-Andrew

Client 5.00.8412.1007 - Cache Tab

I have this client version.

When I open up Configuration Manager Properties from the control panel, navigate to the Cache tab. The configure settings button is grayed out. It is grayed out when I am logged in as the local administrator. It is also grayed out when I open it with the run as administrator option.

I'm curious if anyone else has this? I was heading in there to manually empty or clear the cache.

Figured this out.

In a recent release, they gave us the ability to configure our maximum cache size via "Client Cache Settings". If you set the "configure client cache size" to YES and configure a maximum cache size, then you will not be able to access the "configure settings" option on the "cache" tab.

At first thought, this appears it could be a bug.

Yes, I had it set in the default client policy. If you configure the Client Cache Settings to NO....and do a manual Machine Policy retrieval on the client....wait a minute or two and you will notice the button is usable again.

I think they intended for this to button be unusable if the policy is set, but possibly forgot about still giving us the ability to manually empty the cache via the GUI.

I really only ever go in there to empty when I'm testing or troubleshooting, so its just a minor annoyance for me.

OK, What I ment was that when you tick the "Client Cache Settings" in the !Client Settings! window, close the setting and the reopen the "Client Settings" windows in the console the "Client Cache Settings" isn't listed as the other settings you have ticked. I have the same behaviour in my Lab and Prod Environment.