surfincow

Windows 10 Upgrade Task Sequence: Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center

From my MS ticket that I have open, it sounds like there was a bug with Task Sequences that should be fixed in the next update (1610) that hopefully is available on Thursday 11/4. They cannot confirm when the update will be released, but the Tech said they release the updates on Thursdays.

We have been experiencing this issue. It only happens if we set a package to 'run from distribution point'. If we set packages to download from DP first, then it doesn't happen. (It may or may not also be affected by allowing clients to fall back to another distribution point).

Can anyone else confirm these findings?

Edited by paulf

I have the same problem, I'm testing a Wipe&Load task sequence and every time I restore a physical machine with Windows 7 32bit and launch task sequence for install Windows 10 x64.

Anything be always ok but from yesterday I have this issue and can't launch the task sequence from Software Center.

Have anyone resolved this issue, please?

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:46 PM, anyweb said:

i've seen this problem before

Content is not available on the DP for this program. The program cannot be run now. execmgr 10/17/2016 9:42:09 AM 3908 (0x0F44)

OnOptionalExecutionRequests failed for program * : 0x87d01106 execmgr 10/17/2016 9:42:09 AM 3908 (0x0F44)

to resolve either redeploy the task sequence (short term, the problem will come back), or reduce the number of deployments targeted at the computer, eg: if the computer is targeted with many updates or task sequences, reduce them drastically, and this is probably true seeing as it's windows 7 (think of the updates...), this is the long term fix

lastly it can also mean that the policy for the task sequence hasn't arrived yet (the message is confusing...), and this could be due to waiting for a scehduled restart from another program or windows updates,

either way to improve the situation, you must reduce the number of deployments aimed at that computer (or computers)

Where can I read more about this issue or about the limitations on how many deployments a collection can have before running into this issue?

Thanks!

here :), no i'm kidding, i don't think it's necessarily documented anywhere but it's based on actually having seen the problem in production, what we did to get around it is what I've mentioned above, try it and see does it improve for you

I was having the same issue with an OSD deployment.OnOptionalExecutionRequests failed for program * : 0x87d01106 logged.  All references to the TS were showing their content status was good.  I found this post and deleted a bunch of update ADR deployments.  Suddenly the issue disappeared.  Strange thing was, this didn't seem to affect my app deployments, only my OSD TS, and even then only the windows 7 ones, and even further, only when installing from software center, PXE worked fine.  I don't know how I would have fixed if not for your post, thank you!

• Like 1

I am on SCCM v1702 and this issue still exist.

I am trying to start a task sequence (refresh with W10 v1703) from the software center and it fails almost immediately.

In the execmgr.log I see this error:

[BK120019 * BK10051C] Content is not available on the DP for this program. The program cannot be run now.

OnOptionalExecutionRequests failed for program * : 0x87d01106

All content is distributed to DP's.

BK10051C is the package ID for the task sequence.

BK120019 is the Deployment ID for the task sequence.

Any ideas what the problem is ?

I have tried to copy the task sequence og deploy it again with no luck.

On 1.6.2017 at 11:39 AM, niceguyarild said:

I am on SCCM v1702 and this issue still exist.

I am trying to start a task sequence (refresh with W10 v1703) from the software center and it fails almost immediately.

In the execmgr.log I see this error:

[BK120019 * BK10051C] Content is not available on the DP for this program. The program cannot be run now.

OnOptionalExecutionRequests failed for program * : 0x87d01106

All content is distributed to DP's.

BK10051C is the package ID for the task sequence.

BK120019 is the Deployment ID for the task sequence.

Any ideas what the problem is ?

I have tried to copy the task sequence og deploy it again with no luck.

We found the solution to this problem.

The problem was an application with dependencies. After removing the application with dependencies, the task sequence started from the software center.

Strange thing though, was that the task sequence started fine from PXE, even with the application with dependency.