surfincow

Windows 10 Upgrade Task Sequence: Software Center can not be loaded. There is a problem loading the required components for Software Center

I had similar issue.  This is what, I did:

1. Closed Software Center

2. Installed .NET 4.7.1

3. Opened PowerShell - ran this command - Invoke-WmiMethod -Namespace root\CCM -Class SMS_Client -Name SetClientProvisioningMode -ArgumentList $false

4. Restarted the system - Opened Software Center - No issue 

On 6/8/2017 at 5:41 AM, niceguyarild said:

We found the solution to this problem.

The problem was an application with dependencies. After removing the application with dependencies, the task sequence started from the software center.

Strange thing though, was that the task sequence started fine from PXE, even with the application with dependency.

I can confirm that this is still an issue in CB2006. The task sequence will even run successfully with dependencies in provisioning mode in Windows. I discovered this using the PROVISIONTS parameter of ccmsetup.exe. We install some apps from with AutoPilot, then run ccmsetup at login with a provisioning task sequence. I noticed that the task sequence was impossible to run unless the PC is in provisioning mode. I stumbled on this thread after searching for OnOptionalExecutionRequests failed for program * : 0x87d01106. I removed the two apps with dependencies from the task sequence, updated machine policy, retried the task and it ran immediately.

EDIT: Supersedence references also seem to break