shakha

How to configure PXE Boot option for SCCM without DHCP bootp option (066+067)

We have legacy and UEFI clients.

We are able to PXE boot either legacy BIOS or UEFI BIOS based clients but unable to PXE boot both at the same time .

Currently SCCM is working with DHCP bootp options(066+067).

Our DHCP server and SCCM server are in same VLAN but clients are in different VlANS.

For this purpose we have configured an IP helper on Cisco-3750 switch, pointing towards centeral DHCP server.

On DHCP server we have configured bootp options ponting towards SCCM server.

On Cisco Switch we have created a second IP helper with SCCM server IP and deleted Bootp options on DHCP server but we get PXE-E53 error.

Is it possible to configure PXE boot without DHCP bootp options ?.

Is it any other way to IP helper for SCCM on cisco switches ?

I have used this method

interface Vlan XX
no ip address
ip helper-address DHCP server
ip helper-address SCCM server
Any help or suggestions are welcome :)

post-34025-0-22936200-1473144820_thumb.png

post-34025-0-25103700-1473152805.png

post-34025-0-42485200-1473236268.png

post-34025-0-46389200-1473236280.png

Edited by shakha

Hello,

I don't believe you need any DHCP options configured if you are using IP-Helpers to direct the DHCP and PXE boot requests. I think the bootfile name is where you are having the problem since they are different for UEFI and BIOS (if I recall correctly). If you take everything out of DHCP in regards to PXE and let the IP Helpers do their thing, the DHCP server will reply back with what it knows and the ConfigMgr/WDS/PXE will respond back with what it knows about its services. Then things should work.

I referenced this when we moved from BIOS to BIOS and UEFI and had similar issues https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc732351%28v=WS.10%29.aspx#Updating

I see though you have option 66 and 67 in the screenshots. I don't believe you need those and if they are still present could be causing a problem.

I had some issues where the PXE server response delay (Distribution Point Properties > PXE Tab) was set to the wrong value. I have mine set now to 5 and it works, but before it was either too low (0) or too high (30). Can't remember which but you might try changing yours from 0 to 5 and see if anything changes.

Also doing an "update distribution point" for your bootimages tends to fix odd issues when PXE stops working.