dfpjopo

ISS 7 Problem SCCM 2007

Hi i have did a new instal on windows server 2008 r2 i have instalt everything but i have this problem

SMS Site Component Manager faild to install component SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER on server VHSSMS01.

The WebDAV server extension is either not installed or not configured properly.
Solution: Make sure WebDAV is installed and enabled. Make sure there is an authoring rule that allow "All users" read access to "All content". Make sure the WebDAV settings "Allow anonymous property queries" and "Allow property queries with infinite depth" are set to "true" and "Allow Custom Properties" is set to false.

SMS Site Component Manager failed to install this component on this site system.

Solution: Review the previous status messages to determine the exact reason for the failure. SMS Site Component Manager will automatically retry the installation in 60 minutes. To force SMS Site Component Manager to immediately retry the installation, stop and restart SMS Site Component Manager using the SMS Service Manager.

But i have this done the webdav is enabled and configuration is good. help!!:D

Greetz

I havent tried it with R2 yet but Peter claims it works ok,

did you triple check your webdav settings ?

Yes the webdav setting are good maybe can you help me with teamviewer?

If you want.

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue. My fix was just to install WebDAV but didn't configure until SCCM SP2 was installed. It will say at the end of the install that the MP installation was unknown and you will also get the error you provided. Once you see that follow these direcions:

Enable WebDAV and create an Authoring Rule, as follows:

1. Navigate to Start / All Programs / Administrative Tools / Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager to start Internet Information Services 7 Application Server Manager.

2. In the Connections pane, expand the Sites node in the navigation tree, and then click Default Web Site if you are using the default Web site for the site system or SMSWEB if you are using a custom Web site for the site system.

3. In the Features View, double-click WebDAV Authoring Rules.

4. When the WebDAV Authoring Rules page is displayed, in the Actions pane, click Enable WebDAV.

5. After WebDAV has been enabled, in the Actions pane, click Add Authoring Rule.

6. In the Add Authoring Rule dialog box, under Allow access to, click All content.

7. Under Allow access to this content to, click All users.

8. Under Permissions, click Read, and then click OK.

Change the property behavior as follows:

1. In the WebDAV Authoring Rules page, in the Actions pane, click WebDAV Settings.

2. In the WebDAV Settings page, under Property Behavior, set Allow anonymous property queries to True.

3. Set Allow Custom Properties to False.

4. Set Allow property queries with infinite depth to True.

5. If this is a BITS-enabled distribution point, under WebDAV Behavior, set Allow hidden files to be listed to True.

6. In the Action pane, click Apply.

Close Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

To add Remote Differential Compression for site server and branch distribution point computers

In Server Manager, on the Features node, click Add Features to start the Add Features Wizard.

On the Select Features page, select Remote Differential Compression, and then click Next.

Complete the rest of the wizard.

Close Server Manager.

To modify the requestFiltering section on BITS-enabled distribution point computers:

Open the applicationHost.config file located in the %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\ directory on the BITS-enabled distribution point site system.

Search for the <requestFiltering> section.

Determine the file extensions that you will have in the packages on that distribution point. For each file extension that you require, change allowed to true.

For example, if your package will contain a file with an .mdb extension, change the line <add fileExtension=".mdb" allowed="false" /> to <add fileExtension=".mdb" allowed="true" />.

Allow only the file extensions required for your packages.

Save and close the applicationHost.config file.

I have another issue....the MP installs fine, i have green checks for everything, problem now is that I cannot deploy the clients to machines. When i look in the system32/ccmsetup folder the log files says that it cannot find the ccmsetup.cab file in location http://SCCM.domain1.local/CCM_Client web location. I also can't connect to the SMSreporting_ site... Anyone know why...i am thinking IIS permissions or authorization problems, because when i browse from localhost on SCCM server everything is fine.

Hello, I have been having the same issue as the original. At the end of SCCM 2007 installation on Windows 2008 32 bit server, iis 7 with custom website SMSWEB, with sql 2005 sp3, I see ? Install MP Control Manager Unknown, ? Install Management Point Unknown. The Site Component error messages1. SMS Site Component Manager failed to install this componenet on this site system. 2. SMS Site Component Manager failed to install componenet SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER on server <servername>. I have checked the Site Status --> Component Status after following all of the documentation on what to fix...look for. The only thing that I changed because everything else matched the recommendation/instructions was to edit the c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\config\schema\webdav_schema.xml file ( the matching settings for WEBDAV within iis Management were correct, as I made the changes in iis prior to the SCCM 2007 installation....not sure why these changes did not change the xml file). I rebooted, and then also restarted services from windows services manager. I still see the same error. A side issue that I noticed while following the instructions in this article - I opened ConfigMgr Service Manager. I right clicked and selected start service. The window opens and I can view all of the components and servers, but all is grayed out. I cannot start anything from here.

MPsetup.log file info

12-02-2009 15:58:22> SMSMP Setup Started....

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> Parameters: C:\PROGRA~1\MIF083~1\bin\i386\ROLESE~1.EXE /install /siteserver:<servername> SMSMP

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> Installing Pre Reqs for SMSMP

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> ======== Installing Pre Reqs for Role SMSMP ========

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> Found 1 Pre Reqs for Role SMSMP

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> Pre Req MSXML60 found.

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> No versions of MSXML60 are installed. Would install new MSXML60.

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> Enabling MSI logging. msxml6.msi will log to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\logs\msxml6MSI.log

<12-02-2009 15:58:22> Installing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\i386\00000409\msxml6.msi

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> msxml6.msi exited with return code: 0

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> msxml6.msi Installation was successful.

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> ======== Completed Installion of Pre Reqs for Role SMSMP ========

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> Installing the SMSMP

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> Passed OS version check.

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> IIS Service is installed.

<12-02-2009 15:58:33> checking WebDAV configuraitons

<12-02-2009 15:58:35> Failed to get WebDAV settings on the machine (0x80070003)

Any help in fixing the SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER errors would be appreciated. Thank you.