Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
bowlen

Apps not intsalling during OSD

Recommended Posts

Has anyone seen an issue when running OSD with USMT (in place refresh) where the install apps sequence doesn't work? It's set to continue if it fails, and will sit on each app for 15 minutes until moving onto the next one. Once it's completed the OSD/USMT, it boots into Windows and everything is there but there's no apps.

 

If I do this and then boot into windows, then run the same task sequence again, it will work fine (installing the apps). If I run the same Task Sequence without USMT (ie fresh install), the apps install fine.

 

Seems to be if I use a non-imaged machine to run OSD with USMT, it won't install apps for some reason.

 

The only thing I can see that's an error is the following line within the CIDownloader.log file. It happens once every 15 minutes, which is when the progress bar moves on to the next app that it's trying to install.

 

CIDownloaderJob({6B73D2DC-46D2-4D82-A1E1-008F3BD05A87}): SetFailureCondition - Job will fail immediately on error

 

I've had a look through the other log files and can't see any error messages anywhere. There's also no appXXX.log files eitiher. not sure if this is normal. I would have assume that the logs should be in smsts.log file because it's all happening with the OSD Task Sequence?

CIDownloader.log

smsts.log

smsts-20161007-071148.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Could be that your UAC is blocking the install. This happened with my OSD imaging (some images were taking upwards of 12 hours to complete) so I added 3 steps to my task sequence to fix it. The first step is a command line step that I added directly after the OS, Drivers, and SCCM Client installed.

 

c:\windows\regedit.exe /S "UAC_Low.reg" (this step references a Package I created with no Program that contains a registry file that sets the UAC to the lowest setting.)

 

Then I put in a Restart step that boots to currently installed default OS.

 

Then once all applications and packages have been installed, I added another command line step that sets the UAC back to default.

 

c:\windows\regedit.exe /S "UAC_Default.reg" (Again this references a package with no program that contains the registry file to make this change.

 

I hope this helps,

Ryan

 

Reg File to set UAC to low:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000001
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000

 

Reg File to set UAC to default:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000001
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000005


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...