jamitupya

OSD Error Codes

Question

Just thought it may be useful to start a list of commonly seen error codes during OSD

Phase:

Applying Operating System / Image

0x80070070 - Not enough disk space

0x80070490 - Unable to Locate HDD - thanks superz202

Apply Windows Settings

0x80220001 - unsure at present

6 answers to this question

0x80070057:

SYMPTOMS:

- When attempting to image a computer you recieve the message: "an error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer (0x80070057)"

- Additionally upon examining the SMSTSlog file in X:\windows\temp you may find the following errors:

MP Location returned and empty site code

CCM::SMSMessaging::GetMPLocation failed; 0x80004005

Failed to query http://fqdn for MP location

CAUSES:

- This error generally accompanies the use of SCCM Bootable Media, such as a CD or DVD and is most commonly associated with Apple Computers

- This is most commonly caused by issues with the self-signed certificate used by the bootable media

RESOLUTION:

1. Contact your SCCM administrator to obtain a new bootable media CD with a fixed PXE certificate

0x8004005:

SYMPTOMS:

- When attempting to image a computer you recieve the message: "an error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer (0x8004005)"

CAUSES:

- This error can be caused by clock syncornization issues between the client, DC, and FS.

RESOLUTION:

- Ensure the BIOS clock is syncronized with your Domain Controller and try again.

Thanks for this thread, it's nice to see these all in one place!

Note to above: 0x8004005

This can be any kind of connectivity issue from a loose lan cable to a bad port, along with the clock issues mentioned above.

Here are a few more we have encountered:

0x80070032 - partition issue, run diskpart utility

0x80091007 - believe it or not, this often is due to a faulty stick of RAM, replace ram and error goes away.

Also about the error code: 0x8004005

I had an issue in which the MP was not being discovered. This was because some person deleted the Site's information, as he deleted the contents of the "System Management" OU. So, to solve it, in my case that I didn't have a fast way to recover the items, I just re-created the SCCM boot media and this time I didn't use the "Dynamic" mode to do the discovery.

After the media had the fixed information, I had no problems and the Task Sequence ran nicely.