surfincow

Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1607

Hello,

I am currently running the latest version of ConfigMgr (1606) on Windows 2012R2. We are starting to get ready to deploy Windows 10 1607 and I believe in order to do so, we need to update the ADK from 10.0.26624 to the ADK for Windows 10 1607 (image servicing, updated PE image, etc)

When I look at the download link for the ADK (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-assessment-deployment-kit) there is the following disclaimer: Note: You must use Windows 10, version 1607 with this version of the ADK.

I'm somewhat confused by this as it implies (to me) it only runs on Windows 10 1607, but that can't be right since you would not run ConfigMgr on Windows 10. So I'm just wondering if this is the correct location for the ADK for Windows 2012R2?

If yes, what does that note reference as it would then imply you can't deploy OS's other than 1607 with the boot images it creates.

If not, has the ADK to support 1607 on 2012R2 been published yet?

Thanks

Hello,

To clarify, I am running ConfigMgr v1606 on Windows Server 2012R2.

I've read the link previously but don't see anything stating the ADK isn't supported on 2012r2 (server). If its not supported on 2012R2 (server) then the only other option would be Windows 10, but I don't imagine anyone would be running Configmgr on Windows 10 or that its even supported or able to be installed.

If there's something I missed in the link you provided stating the ADK does not work on 2012R2 (server), please provide direct link or copy/paste that specific info.

Thanks