harishkumar

Past Due will be be Retired - MS Visio Application Deployment

Hi,

I am new to SCCM and I have deployed SCCM by referring docs in my environment. I am struck in Application deployment. I am trying to install MS Visio 2013 from SCCM for Windows 10 physical Machine, through available and Required install, its working fine with available install, but when i try to deploy through required install, in software centre, the status shows as installing for installation timeline (120 Mins) and then the status changes to Past due-will be retired.

SCCM Server: Windows server 2012 R2 Standard

SCCM Version: 2012 SP1 1606

Please help me to resolve this issue. Attached AppDiscovery, AppEnforce & AppIntnetEval logs for reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Harishkumar. R

AppDiscovery.log

AppEnforce.log

AppIntentEval.log

App enforcement environment:

Context: Machine

Command line: setup.exe

Allow user interaction: No

UI mode: 0

User token: null

Session Id: 4294967295

Content path: C:\Windows\ccmcache\3

Working directory: AppEnforce 01.11.2016 17:53:04 3980 (0x0F8C)

You are running the setup.exe without any parameters and without a configuration file in a non-interactive mode. This won't work. Your setup is just sitting in the background and waiting to timeout.

You are running the setup.exe without any parameters and without a configuration file in a non-interactive mode. This won't work. Your setup is just sitting in the background and waiting to timeout.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response, can you please help me on how to achieve this through required install..

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response, can you please help me on how to achieve this through required install..

Hi,

Have you made an MSP file using the admin tool and put it in the updates folder?

If you haven't then as Peter said the install doesn't know what to look for when installing and it sat there twiddling its thumbs.

Totally forgot about you.

As Paul said launch "Setup.exe /admin" and create a MSP file with your preferred settings and your license key (if you are not using KSM). I would not recommend to put it into the update Folder though. This will bite ya in the a.. if you need to deploy different configurations. Just put it into the root folder.

Also create a configuration file config.txt like this one ...

<Configuration Product="Visstd">
	<Display Level="None" CompletionNotice="No" SuppressModal="Yes" NoCancel="Yes" AcceptEula="Yes" />
	<Logging Type="standard" Path="%Windir%\Temp" Template="Microsoft Office Visio Standard Install(*).txt" />
	<Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />
</Configuration>

For Visio Pro you have to change the Product value to Vispro. Also the Log file name.

And finally use the following install command.

SETUP.EXE /adminfile Install.MSP /config config.txt