SCCM2k16

Frontend configuration help

Question

Hello,

I am a new forum member and also fairly new to SCCM, MDT and Frontends etc as well.
First I want to say that I am very thankful for all the great How-to´s and other information that can be found in here. It has helped me a lot, to say the least. :-) Thank you!

I am installing a Lab environment just to catch up things faster with the real SCCM environment at work.
The servers in Lab environment are one DC and one CM server. CM server has MDT installed.
MDT is working fine, that means that I can take reference images the way I want and then implement them to SCCM.
SCCM is also working just fine, I have made task sequences for win7 and win10 and with the help of PXE boot I am able to install new operating systems. All services seems ok. Pretty happy with that but it´s all thanks to this forum! :-)

But of course I want to learn more...so now I want to implement Pretty Good Frontend as well! I think it is a really good feature to have in an environment. But....it´s not that easy it seems.
Been reading a lot of information about it and has come to the point that I feel I really don´t have a clue what to do or what steps to take. I would really like to get a Step-by-step How-to guide that will explain everything about getting it in place. The How-to´s I´ve found is the instructions found documented for Pretty Good Frontend but I am stuck. Actually it feels like my head will explode any second because of days of extensive searching about it. Maybe I am looking at the wrong places, I don´t know.

As you can see on the picture I want the frontend to look just as it is but I want it to fetch AD information and present it in the HTA. Also I want the system to add computer name suffix where it always starts with either Laptop or Workstation and then adds the serial number or anything that will separate them in the system. For example: Laptop+Serialnr would be "Laptop-12345678"
I want to be able to put the computer in any OU I want if needed and I want to be able to choose what OS Image to be installed.

So what I am asking is if any of you guys can guide me to simple hands-on information that will just get me through the steps that has to be taken to get all of these things working? If so I would be more than happy!

If there isn´t such a thing as a Step-by-step guide to be found elsewhere that shows each step in a very simple way I want to ask if anyone in this forum is keen on making one? For me this seems to be extremely complex and I can´t get the things I am reading about it transformed to anything I understand.

post-34587-0-63592800-1478372937.jpg

Yes please! :-) We can do that but I can´t until next week though.
I did somehow managed to get passed the waiting-error and it presented me with the task sequences. It presented me with both HTA Deploy and Windows 7 TS. Didn´t want the HTA Deploy TS in there (and it shouldn´t) so I tried to fix it...now I am lost again. :-)

I wonder: I have an HTA Deploy TS that I deployed to "All Unknown Computer". That is what you need to do, right?
I have a Windows 7 TS that I deployed to another collection called "OSD Windows 7". Is this the way to do it?
As I said, when I choosed the OSD Windows 7 image in Frontend and pressed Finish it presented me with the Welcome to Task Sequence...a happy moment there....but...pressed OK and the two working TS was presented which I don´t want. It showed both HTA Deploy TS and Windows 7 TS. I already made my decision so why did that happen?

Basically I have two working TS but I dont know where to deploy them, and I have all the OSD Collections added from the Powershell script. How and where would you deploy each of the two working TS if I want to use them? I want to use my own collection "OSD Windows 7" but maybe it need some rules or anything?

so many questions, it's best to take things one problem at a time, i can do teamviewer with you later this evening if that works, if not then tomorrow sometime, let me know via PM

cheers

niall

• Like 1