haribo48

SCCM 2012 Global Conditions

Hello

We have several applications in our SCCM environment which are for specific versions of Mirosoft Office or in particular Excel.

Now that we are moving to installing Office 2016 I need to set requirements on the application, similar to what we currently do for Operating System.

Setting a global condition for one version of Excel is fine, however we have Office 2010, Office 2013 on both 32 & 64bit OS versions.

Ideally I'd like to have the option of a selection, similar to the built in Operating System requirement where I can click a selection of whatever versions of Office, or an individual product I need.

Could someone point me in the right direction of how to set this up please.

thank you

Hi

It can be done by following below steps

1. Create individual Global conditions for Office 2010 and Office 2013 (I'd generally look at the hive 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\XX.0\Outlook\Bitness' the bitness value would be x86 or x64 based on install bit) Note : XX would be 14.0 for 2010 and 15.0 for 2013 products and so on (Refer Office 2010.JPG)

2. Then create one more global condition called Office with condition type as Expression (Refer the attached file Office.JPG) and alter the connectors as you like (AND\OR)

3. Now add the 'Office' condition as Requirement in your Application (refer attached Application.JPG)

Hope this helps

Thanks

Deepak

post-34684-0-11812600-1479218501.jpg

post-34684-0-68773100-1479218509.jpg

post-34684-0-05857200-1479218510.jpg

Hi Deepak,

Thanks so much for replying I will take a look at this which will be a good start.

What I had in mind was creating the same kind of requirement that Operating system has, see image below. This way I can tie down a requirement based on either a full Office suite (office 2010, office 2013 etc) or individual office products (excel 2010, excel 2013).

thanks

Creating-a-new-custom-global-condition-f