rbisset

PXE Booting Problem With UEFI HP 430 G4

We are having the exact same issue with the HP Probook 450 G4 as @wingzero and @rbisset: UEFI PXE boot does not work, legacy PXE boot does work and we are also asked to enter the Bitlocker key every time.

We also have a HP Elitebook 850 G3, which works fine with UEFI PXE boot and with Legacy PXE.

@rbisset did you get any further with HP support?

I've read that your WDS needs to be stup as standalone and not ad integrated.

I uninstalled WDS - reboot - reinstaled WDS and configured it as standalone.

I havn't tested the pxe uefi boot, because i ran into another problem when i changed form ad integrated to standalone.

Now even on my other pc's where everything worked, system center is loaded - Preparing Network Connections and then it reboots.

So there is a difference between wds integrated and standalone, but why my system center reboots i have no idea, as i am using the same boot image, so it shouldn't be a network driver problem.

It is a known issue and at least a preview firmware is available from HP that solves the problem, I have multiple customers seeing the same issue.. Hopefully the updateed BIOS Firmware is made available soon. You should be able to get the preview from HP Support.

Regards,
Jörgen

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wingzero said:

I've read that your WDS needs to be stup as standalone and not ad integrated.

I uninstalled WDS - reboot - reinstaled WDS and configured it as standalone.

I havn't tested the pxe uefi boot, because i ran into another problem when i changed form ad integrated to standalone.

Now even on my other pc's where everything worked, system center is loaded - Preparing Network Connections and then it reboots.

So there is a difference between wds integrated and standalone, but why my system center reboots i have no idea, as i am using the same boot image, so it shouldn't be a network driver problem.

Shouldn't you let SCCM control the installation and configuration of WDS? Maybe now that you reconfigured it outside of SCCM, some things broke and that causes the problems you are currently experiencing?

Edited by Erik Nettekoven

On 3/28/2017 at 2:47 AM, Jorgen Nilsson said:

It is a known issue and at least a preview firmware is available from HP that solves the problem, I have multiple customers seeing the same issue.. Hopefully the updateed BIOS Firmware is made available soon. You should be able to get the preview from HP Support.

Regards,
Jörgen

To piggy back off this, talked to HP about this earlier today as well.  Pre-release BIOS are available but they need to have it approved/signed off before providing it for testing purposes.  I was told mid-April is their tentative release date for this.  

Anything with a kaby lake processor is having the UEFI PXE boot issues according to them or have had reports.  They pointed to the G4 model laptops and the G3+ model desktop machines.

Edited by bbalz
grammar nazi
  • Like 3

Today I received a preview bios from HP. Unfortunately it did not fix the problem. They are investigating the issue further.

Update: The BETA BIOS did solve the UEFI PXE boot problem. It didn't work with the BETA BIOS, because I linked the deployment to the wrong collection :blink:

HP told me they hope to make the BIOS publicly available in May

On 10/31/2017 at 1:48 PM, Cez said:

hi all,

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue? I'm trying to PXE boot my HP ProBook 430 G4 and it just gets stuck on Starting PXE over IPv4 

Have you found the reason? We have the same issue with all new computers UEFI boot, old PCs working in both modes without any issue...