anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager version 1606 (Current Branch) on Windows Server 2016 with SQL 2016

Thank you, i already uninstalled WID feature and SCCM still works perfectly. I thought it would be cleaner to follow your guide without removing things afterwards. By the way, this guide does not mention about Reporting Services role e.g. which is also an important part when working with SCCM. But luckily i found your other guide else where in this website. I do haave Powershell scripts for this ready. Let me know and I'll send it to you to review. Hope I can contibute since you help the community a lot already. Kind regards.

• Like 1

for the next release of this guide (for SCCM 1702 or whichever release becomes the next baseline), i'll update the code then, thanks and feel free to add your contribs here or elsewhere in windows-noob, that's what it's all about :)

On 4/2/2017 at 9:28 AM, anyweb said:

for the next release of this guide (for SCCM 1702 or whichever release becomes the next baseline), i'll update the code then, thanks and feel free to add your contribs here or elsewhere in windows-noob, that's what it's all about :)

The short version for installing Reporting services:

Add-CMReportingServicePoint -SiteCode <sitecode> -SiteSystemServerName <FQDNserver> -UserName <credential> -ReportServerInstance MSSQLSERVER

And speaking of 1702, there is a new exiting tool called Content Library Cleanup tool - finally! Check it out.

• Like 1

Great stuff as always. Thanks for your efforts.

I'm getting this error when I try to install 1606 on Server 2016 with SQL 2016 from your powershell script:

ERROR: Error reading branch status. SAActive and CurrentBranch needs to be specified when installing a CAS or standalone primary site.

I've stepped back through the setup, roles, prereqs, etc. and can't find the issue. The ConfigMgrSetup.log section where it fails has a lot of INFO: SQL blah blah entries, but everything looks OK in SQL as far as I can tell. Google and Bing bring up nothing remotely close to that error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Hmmm...Software Assurance? My keys are correct...

if you are NOT using eval (as in my example) then you need to add this section to the configuration.ini file

[SABranchOptions]
SAActive=1
CurrentBranch=1

On 4/4/2017 at 9:37 AM, Mino said:

The short version for installing Reporting services:

Add-CMReportingServicePoint -SiteCode <sitecode> -SiteSystemServerName <FQDNserver> -UserName <credential> -ReportServerInstance MSSQLSERVER

And speaking of 1702, there is a new exiting tool called Content Library Cleanup tool - finally! Check it out.

thanks, and havn't you seen this ? https://www.niallbrady.com/2017/01/24/what-is-the-contentlibrarycleanup-tool-and-how-can-i-use-it/

Maybe I missed something, and I tried going back to make sure I didn't... but what is the password for accessing the SQL server?

$yourusername="windowsnoob\niall"

I kept this as TRUE:

$ADDCURRENTUSERASSQLADMIN="True"

But it gives me a "the certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted." I added "TrustServerCertificate=True" to the Additional Connection Parameters but then it gives me a bad login error.

Thanks for any information. 

EDIT:

Running SQL Management Studio as administrator fixed the issue.

Edited by lepard