anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager version 1606 (Current Branch) on Windows Server 2016 with SQL 2016

Anyweb thanks so much for you help!

I'm currently in the process of installing SCCM and I'm running through your guide and i had a few questions:

1.) I'm running Windows Server 2016, would your scripts work using this version?

2.) The scripts link seams to be down.  I've been doing much of the setup manually but i figured i would see which scripts i could edit and use with my environment

3.) I'm up to the point where I need to install the roles onto the CM01 machine and then install SQL.  If i'm running SQL on the same server as SCCM but on a different drive I should be able to edit the script to install it there, no?  Or does it only install to the default location?

Thanks again!

-mobius

hi, i've updated this guide with a brand new one, so please use that one instead (shown below), but as regards your questions...

1. yes,. it's designed for Server 2016

2. works for me, what error do you get ?

3. The blog post assumes you have sql on the same server as SCCM, so it should work just fine, adjust the sql ini file to decide where it gets installed

Hey!  Thank you so much for your quick response! 

The link works now (I was just not signed in when I tried clicking on it).  I've manually installed all the roles onto the CM01 server.  Now I'm at step 8: Installing SQL.  I'm going to edit your script and give it a shot. 

Thanks so much!

So I ran into a snag while running the SQL install script.  I'm getting this error: "An unknown command-line option [CONFIGURATIONFILE=E:Scripts\ConfigurationFile.ini] was specified.

It looks like the script is continuing to run and is currently installing the SQL Server 2016 SSMS.  But I don't think it installed SQL Server 2016. 

The configuration file is there in the E:\Scripts directory and it looks good. Once this is done I will try running the script again and see what happens. 

The How can I install System Center Configuration Manager version 1606 (Current Branch) on Windows Server 2016 with SQL 2016 Post mentions about various scripts from the download section could you please indicate were they are

Thanks

First off, whomever created the script to install SQL...  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 

Second, is there any way to modify that script to separate the SQL Data, SQL Logs, SQL backup, and SQL temp to a different drive?

C-OSDrive
D-ProgramFiles
E-SQLData
F-SQLLogs
G-SQLBackups
T-SQLTemp

Thank you in advance for any help!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duckman8u2 said:

First off, whomever created the script to install SQL...  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 

Second, is there any way to modify that script to separate the SQL Data, SQL Logs, SQL backup, and SQL temp to a different drive?

C-OSDrive
D-ProgramFiles
E-SQLData
F-SQLLogs
G-SQLBackups
T-SQLTemp

Thank you in advance for any help!

and thank you for thanking me for creating it !

it's probably possible to separate those and if you are lucky I may release that in the next version of this blog post, so look out for the 1706 version of this blog post coming in the future, hopefully I will have that capability added then,

by the way, did you see that ive released a 1702 version of this guide here ?

cheers

niall