anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager version 1606 (Current Branch) on Windows Server 2016 with SQL 2016

In reference to the error "ERROR: Error reading branch status. SAActive and CurrentBranch needs to be specified when installing a CAS or standalone primary site. "

The only file I have found that seems to be the file you reference adding the section to is the ConfigurationFile.ini in the downloaded scripts. Or is it the ConfigMgrSave.ini? I have added the section to both and still get the error.

I have not found a Configuration.ini file. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Or is adding it something other than just putting the text at the end of the other text in the files?

if you are NOT using eval (as in my example) then you need to add this section to the configuration.ini file

[SABranchOptions]
SAActive=1
CurrentBranch=1

i'll reword it, simply edit the Install SCCM Current Branch version 1606.ps1 script, it contains the bits that create the configuration.ini file.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, anyweb said:

if you are NOT using eval (as in my example) then you need to add this section to the configuration.ini file

[SABranchOptions]
SAActive=1
CurrentBranch=1

What configuration.ini file?  And if we are not using the eval software then what do we put in the $ProductID variable in the Install SCCM script?

On 8/9/2017 at 2:55 AM, Witchdoctor said:

What configuration.ini file?  And if we are not using the eval software then what do we put in the $ProductID variable in the Install SCCM script?

sorry, what i mean is you need to modify the PowerShell script (Install SCCM Current Branch version 1606.ps1), and edit the corresponding section which creates the configuration.ini file.

34 minutes ago, kesh said:

Can you upgrade your MP deom Server 2012R2, SQL 2012, System Center Current Branch to Server 2016 with SQL 2016, and System Center 2016, and leave all your DPs on Server 2012R2? will that cause any issue?

this is a separate question to this topic right ?