anyweb

How can I install System Center Configuration Manager version 1606 (Current Branch) on Windows Server 2016 with SQL 2016

Great walkover, we really appreciate sharing this kind of quality on one place 

I would just add publishing SPN to this post, everything else is magnificent. 

so paste what you want and I'll add it !

Thank you for a great guide, I am following this ;-)

Quick question: I have 2 windows server 2012 R2 working already, and is it ok to put sccm on new 2016 box (and of course it is joined to the domain)?

Means 2012 R2 will be Domain controller and this 2016 is just a joined to domain server and do the SCCM things

Actually I am working on this but need some heads up first

THank you.

Edited by growtech

Hi anyweb,

means that I assume if there is windows 2012 R2 in the domain it does not make any difference, or we have to purely have windows 2016 ???

Ta

11 hours ago, anyweb said:

not sure i understand your question and by the way there's a newer version of this guide here

this guide is for setting up a lab, and it's based on server 2016 only, I havn't tested it with Server 2012r2 so your results may vary, please use the newer version of my lab. thanks

On 12/7/2017 at 9:55 PM, anyweb said:

Hi anyweb,

Thank you for your post,  sorry I can't find your newer version of your lab..

Would you please point me to the right place please

Also the script to install SQL 2016 runs but there is no database, gave me a few errors when install sccm that the server service can not be a certain logon..., has to be network service and ..., sorry forgot to write down what it is, maybe because we need Australian version, and also the collation problem too, so I am installing SQL manually as typing this

Here they are

The logon account for the SQL Server service cannot be a local user account, NT SERVICE\<sql service name> or LOCAL SERVICE.  You must configure the SQL Server service to use a valid domain account, NETWORK SERVICE, or LOCAL SYSTEM.

Configuration Manager requires that you configure your SQL Server instance and Configuration Manager site database (if already present) to use the SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation, unless you are using a Chinese operating system and require GB18030 support.  For information about changing your SQL Server instance and database collations, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=234541.  For information about enabling GB18030 support, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=234542.

Either the user account running Configuration Manager Setup does not have sysadmin SQL Server role permissions on the SQL Server instance selected for site database installation, or the SQL Server instance could not be contacted to verify permissions. Setup cannot continue.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:55 PM, anyweb said:

Thank you