syndilink

SCCM Bitlocker-Win Updates

Question

Greetings good people of the interweb :D

I am currently working on a project that i could use some help on, i along with a colleague have been scouring the internet trying to find any answer we can but have come up short which brings me here:

The project in question involves Bit Locker on our Microsoft Surface devices; we currently utilize SCCM 2012 R2 to handle our windows updates (this is working fine); however due to the surface devices regularly having firmware updates that bit locker will prevent from installing, we are trying to identify a way to use SCCM to disable(suspend) bit locker before the updates are installed, then re-enable it once the updates are completed.

We have tried the built in task sequence of disable bit locker, but once the device restarts it re-enables again. This can be a problem if the updates go through a series of restarts as part of the installation.

We have tried using a CLI task sequence, but i am unsure if we have set it correctly as we are not getting any activity on our test devices.

Any information, or walk-through or a general direction you can point me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet