bmfischer

Problems deploying Win 10 to HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I've been working with SCCM for over a year. I have been able to image many different models of the Win 7 pc's and just recently started with Win 10. I was able to create a TS to deploy Win 10 and some customizations to 150 Surface Pro 4's. We have received a shipment of new HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3's. I am unable to get Win 10 installed through a task sequence. I can install it from a Win 10 Ent. DVD, but when i try to do it using a TS, it fails saying a device couldn't be initialized. I was trying to install the base Win 10 image, then install the device drivers. This worked on the Surface Pro 4. However, it fails on the setting up windows phase before it even tries to install drivers. I know, because i even disabled installing device drivers in the TS and it gives the exact same error. I believe it may be a driver issue with the new G3 models. It is USB 3.0 only and has a new bios. I was unable to find anything online about these newer HP Models. I did find this HP advisory:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05040446

I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Please let me know what logs you would like to look at and i can paste them here. Thanks for trying to help.

bmfischer

I was able to solve the problem for now. I had applied updates to my base Win 10 image through SCCM update scheduling. I reimported the original base image with no updates. That did the trick. Win 10 is now installing fine. Not sure what update is causing the error but i'm good for the time being.