HIMA

The task sequence can not be created

Question

I install SCCM Sp1 and after that upgrade to SP2

when try to create task sequence I have the following error

Error: The task sequence can not be created. Please see following error information or log file to resolve the issue.

- An error occurred when storing the task sequence.

Error: Create a New Task Sequence

And when try to open the log files for task sequence like Smsts.log,TaskSequenceProvider.log and CreateTSMedia.log

and i don't get any useful way to troubleshoot this problem

The log i found

[8][12/8/2009 AM] :Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException\r\nThe ConfigMgr Provider reported an error.\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.OsdCommon.OsdUtilities.SetSequence(ConnectionManagerBase connectionManager, IResultObject taskSequencePackage, IResultObject taskSequence)\r\nConfigMgr Error Object:

instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus

{

Description = "Failed to call SMS_TaskSequence::SaveToXml due to error 80041013.";

ErrorCode = 1078462229;

File = "e:\\nts_sms_fre\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\ssptspackage.cpp";

Line = 2932;

Operation = "ExecMethod";

ParameterInfo = "SMS_TaskSequencePackage";

ProviderName = "WinMgmt";

StatusCode = 2147749889;

};

\r\nSystem.Management.ManagementException\r\nGeneric failure \r\n at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)

at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)\r\nManagementException details:

instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus

{

Description = "Failed to call SMS_TaskSequence::SaveToXml due to error 80041013.";

ErrorCode = 1078462229;

File = "e:\\nts_sms_fre\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\ssptspackage.cpp";

Line = 2932;

Operation = "ExecMethod";

ParameterInfo = "SMS_TaskSequencePackage";

ProviderName = "WinMgmt";

StatusCode = 2147749889;

};

\r\n

Please can anyone advice me.

1 answer to this question

try this

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/configmgrosd/thread/e7c40198-03b8-4bb3-ab89-6e6680f43e18

restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service on your configmgr SMS Provider server (will also restart the SMS AGENT HOST service), the SMS Provider server is usually the server which is hosting your SQL database for Configmgr

references: http://ihateyou1603.blogspot.com/2010/05/unable-to-edit-task-sequences-sccm.html