AndyR

Deployment Times - nested collections and maintenance Windows

Question

Hello,

Looking for some advice on staggered deployments via maintenance windows. I need to deploy windows updates at specific times and would like to have a single deployment which applies at the collections maintenance window and not at the deployment deadline time.

i.e.,

If I have the following Device collections:

Server Group 1. Maintenance Window: 20:00 - 23:00

Server Group 2. Maintenance Window: 21:30 - 00:30

Server Group 3. Maintenance Window: 23:00 - 02:00

And have a parent Collection 'Server Group A' of which all of the above collections are members. If I then deploy a required package to Server Group A with an available time of 20:00 and a deadline of 05:00, will the installation complete within each groups maintenance window?

Essentially I'd like to have one deployment that applies at different times instead of three deployments. Is that possible?

Many thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi Garth,

Thanks for the info. That's what I was worried about. If I instead set the deadline to 21:00 (or ASAP) would each group perform the install as soon as their MW opens?

Is this advisable or am I just being lazy with my deployments?

Kind regards