jimbocalvo

High CPU - IIS Worker Process

You absolutely should be using full blow SQL and NOT WID. You also need to make sure that WSUS clean is done. In a lot of case it make more sense to remove the SUP, uninstall WSUS, drop the DB, reboot, install wsus, install SUP. I would also install SQL on the WSUS server.

I just thought I'd post back with an update. I ended up running a full clean and reindex of WSUS and that has pretty much resolved the issue.

I also instructed our clients to not contact WSUS for Defender updates and rejigged the push from SCCM and added an UNC path for manual (and fallback) DAT retrieval, this reduced the load on WSUS.

I ran scripts against the database to see how many obsolete updates were present and it was over 8000. Some updates were (the best word I can use) stuck and I had to manually remove them from the database. The full run in the WSUS console to remove old updates took over 24 hours but purged the updates and when I ran the script against the database it came back as zero.

The server is certainly more stable now. I am just preparing a daily clean of WSUS on the server for a scheduled task