gus-bus

Primary Site Server High CPU Usage - IIS Worker Process for WSUSPool

Hello,

I tried running the update KB but still things don't appear to be working. I installed the update, rebooted and things run at 90-100% for about 15 minutes then drops to about 5%. If I try to open the WSUS console, it can't connect so I think WSUS isnt running even though the service says it is.

I had this problem last month and my fix at the time was to do the WSUS cleanup then block all hosts from connecting then gradually restore access one subnet at a time. I'm hesitant to do this again because the fix mentioned above from MS should resolve it, but in my case its not.

Any thoughts?

Hi Surfincow,

Which KB(s) did you apply? If it was only the WSUS patch applied, I'm wondering if a person needs to apply the other KB's to the other servers for this to issue to become less prevalent/disappear? 

Which SCCM release are you running? If you aren't running the latest, I would try to get there as you may see better results from those updates as well. 

/Gus

4 hours ago, pembertj said:

When I try to download 

1. Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB4039871)

From the update catalog it seems to link to the Win 8.1 patch instead? anyone else seeing this?  Anyone be able to provide right patch in PM?

@pembertj, it shows Win 8.1 for me as well.  It does work though if you try it.

EXCEPT - for 2012 R2 Datacenter.  I seem to be having this exact same thing happening around this time.  It has been racking my brain, but I'm on 2012 R2 Datacenter, and the patches they provide are not compatible with Datacenter.  Has anyone else run into this?

Edited by akir