Hello,

Looking for some assistance on getting large packages (task sequence, windows updates, etc) to distribution points with slow WAN speed.

We have about 80 sites averaging 1.5 - 3 mbps back to HQ and we cannot impact their network during the day with SCCM distributions. Currently have the rate limit on those DP's configured to 50% during business hours. With driver updates and Microsoft Monthly Rollup patch bundles growing large in size, it takes forever to get the packages to all the distribution points even over the weekend.

For example:

Windows 10 patches for 2017 is reporting to be 3.5 GB and that's just one package.

Looking for tips and tricks from what others are doing to overcome these bandwidth limitations without impacting their slow sites.

There isn't a lot you can do. However I would keep your package a small as possible. Work with the Network team to get those links increased in speed. Adjust your SLA to match what is realists. Without throwing the network team under the bus too much, make sure that management know there is an issue. Work with the Network team to setup QOS between your site server and your DPs, this will ensure that you get the BEST possible throughput.

I feel your pain.

1.5 - 3mbps is not a realistic internet speed in this day and age. I've had battles in getting sites upgraded, and it eventually got to the point where it was either they upgrade the network, or none of the clients get patched.