mayurkirti

All USMT tasks in on TS?

Question

I am trying to automate the state migration process. Right now I have 2 sets of task sequences and collections, for user state capture and state restore each. Obviously they are completely independent, leading to the fact that you cannot initiate the state restore task sequence unless you know that the state capture task sequence has already executed. Well, this is tedious and not very efficient.

How are people doing automatic state migrations?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

well if you use computer association you only need one TS with both the state capture and state restore sections added,

you'll need to test it first in your lab to get it working properly

well if you use computer association you only need one TS with both the state capture and state restore sections added,

you'll need to test it first in your lab to get it working properly

true if it is for in-place migration. What about migrating user state from one computer to another computer? You dont want to advertise a regular TS to a source computer in this case?

use a frontend HTA to set the required variables, that's how i do it, then your task sequence checks for the presence of same and carries out actions accordingly